×

Sunday Jollof

Sunday lunch should never be a debate, I mean what other meal is synonymous with sundays like rice.

This sunday we rise to jollof rice😂. Jollof rice with correct gizdodo and peppered chevon. 

It is safe to assume you already have a method of preparing jollof rice and peppered chevon but how good is your gizdodo game??? Now, gizdodo is a sweet combination of gizzard and fried plantain.

Here's how I made mine. I started by peeling some ripe plantain, diced, fried and kept it aside. Next, I oven dried my cooked gizzard which was thoroughly seasoned. You can skip this step and fry instead. Then, I pulsed (blended coarsely) some onions, habenero, bell and scotch bonnet peppers, with gutted tomatoes, transferred to a pan on heat with a little vegetable oil, seasoned and stir fried. After a little while, I added the dried gizzards and allowed to cook for some minutes before adding my fried plantain. To give it a bit of style, I added shreds of  coloured peppers and spring onions before putting off the heat.

My gizdodo was really the perfect touch to this sunday jollof. With this lunch, you can set your mood for the week.



Comments