×

Weakness

There is this weakness I feel after a good meal, a certain strong wave of sleep overtakes my senses.

Why is satisfaction a lazy feeling?

Why is the price we pay after a heavy meal so much drowsiness?

Why is something so delicious, so nutrient filled, so blessing as food be this soporific as well?

Why do we feel this way and still eat regardless? 😂

Science has offered lots of explanation to why this feeling described as "food coma" happens. A summary of my favorite explanation is this -  just as blood flow to the small intestine increases after eating to aid digestion, in the same way, blood flow to the brain decreases momentarily and this decrease flow could trigger sleepiness especially if the meal was a heavy one.

Guess the trick is to eat small portions especially during lunch time to avoid shutting our brains to favour digestion.



Comments

  1. I think you'd have to visit your archives... I know you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dis mother Eme.
    Just adopt me abeg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, I found it💃💃..Oh fried plantain my fried plantain😋

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment