×

Missing Snails Revamp


I recently relocated and so made plans to familiarize with my new location. One of those plans was a trip to the nearest market. 

Well, the market was like every other market, nothing spectacular except that I observed somethings were relatively cheaper to get like vegetables and dried fish. After a tour of the place, I decided to shop for soup so I don't return home empty handed. 

I settled to make one of the famous native delicacy of the Calabar people called Edikang Ikong  AKA vegetable soup. I decided on Edikang Soup with snails and dried fish and so I got all my stuffs including the snails and made certain I had everything needed before heading home as it was already late in the evening.

I got home, super excited to prepare this soup only to unpack my bags and realize my snails were not in the bag. I was furious, I recalled putting the snails into my shopping bag, what possibly happened??? It was too late to return to the market, so I went ahead to cook the soup using dried and stock fish alone.

The next day I went to the market to investigate about my snails and when I met the snail seller, she handed my snails over to me and explained it fell off my bag and she only realised it after I was long gone. She did well to refrigerate my snails and I was happy I came by again.

With the initial plan already completed, you can guess what became of the snails that missed being in that pot of soup. It formed a delicious merger with shrimps and mushroom in what I christined "a boneless stew". 








 

Comments

  1. I trust you to something different from the norm😁. I know it will be very tasty😋.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😁😁😁
      I owe you this one
      Please whatsApp for claims😘

      Delete
  2. I trust you to make something different from the norm😁. I know it will be tasty😋.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody is hungry already 😂🤪

    ReplyDelete
  4. Promise Esuong17 June 2022 at 15:57

    Always outstanding 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🙈🙈🙈
      Such kind words
      Thank you so much

      Delete

Post a Comment