×

Heart Broken

"Where do broken hearts go? Or rather, where does your broken heart go?
Already, we know Whitney Houston sang the former but what is your personal response for the latter?

While you ponder over what you do with your broken heart, let me bore you with how I survive with mine whenever it feels shattered and all alone in the mire of this world.

Heartbreaks no matter the cause has similar effects on individuals and regardless of how tough a person appears, there remains even the tiniest window to feel disconsolate about anything around or about you.

As a lady who is obsessed with being in the kitchen, I have had quite a spectrum of reasons to feel my heart pump aggressively in sadness. From cooking a terrible meal to baking failures and recipe disasters to the loss of a loved one or the pain of unrequited love, I've felt crestfallen and oftentimes sought relief in places, things, and activities.

Over the years, my first step in managing heart breaks is having some chocolate. Yes, you heard well, "Chocolate".
Whole chocolates, chocolate cakes, chocolate ice creams, just anything chocolate always gives the magic.
The endorphins and other hormones pumped into my bloodstream when I taste chocolate make me want to binge on some whenever I'm downhearted. The calm and content released over my sadness are the reason cakes like the triple chocolate cheesecake will always be a blessing.

No heartbreak remains intact for me when there is moist cheesy chocolate goodness melting in my mouth. The chocolate in this cheesecake is prominent in the crust, filling and frosting making each slice a knight saving me from distress.

I'm so pleased to share one of my many efforts that inspires happiness and creates a good environment for conversations that would further relieve me of gloom. 
You can follow my coping mechanism and if you are worried about the calories, you can always have a smaller slice.

In my sad moments,  chocolate makes a good attempt for me but beyond it's relief is the solace I've found through faith in Jesus. A bruised reed He will not break and He is always close to the broken hearted.
He is a friend, a resort and provides comfort beyond chocolate.
Life would present reasons to be sad but in Christ is hope, peace and love.

I may always still binge on chocolate but I would always return to Christ to fix my wounded heart.






Comments