×

Meaty French Toast

The first time I ever made French toast was during my service year sometime in 2017. All I did then was fry a slice of bread that was dipped into a mixture of eggs and milk. It was a delicious treat for breakfast and over the years I've shared this meal with family and friends.

After making the suya bread (check my blog if you haven't read about the suya bread) sometime ago, I started missing my old French toast and wondered, is it possible to prepare that again with perhaps a little addition this time and with these thoughts, I went to into my laboratory.

I performed a quick experiment, an experiment so delicious that when my sister tasted it she said "Eme, how much can someone pay for this?". Don't worry guys, it's not payment time yet, just enjoy your free subscription while it tarries😄

So for this yummy, satisfying, body blessing breakfast you will need:

Ingredients

2 eggs

2 slices of bread

1 lettuce leave

1 slice of sausage or suya or both if you prefer.

Seasonings

Ketchup

Mayonnaise

Method

Whisk your eggs lightly add in some salt, pepper, maggi, ginger and garlic powder.

Set a greased pan on low heat, pour in the eggs, fully dip both sides of the sliced bread into the egg, place them side by side and allow the bread to fry on the eggs while the egg is also frying.

Once the egg is firm for turning, flip it over with the breads facing down, tuck in the excess sides of the eggs on to the bread so it all appears rectangular. Place your lettuce on the backside of one slice of bread, then place your sausage or suya on the lettuce. Drizzle some ketchup or mayonnaise or both on the meat then cover with the other slice of bread. Allow to fry turning both sides for an even appearance.

Once set, take off the heat, slice your bread diagonally and enjoy with a cup of anything you like.

I made one pair of bread with suya and another pair with sausage and sent it down it with a cup of my special homemade smoothie, it was a banger!!!



Comments