×

Dodo crazy

Have you noticed how drawn you are to food(s) common in your locality especially the ones you ate most growing up? Sometimes, you can almost not say no when offered no matter how frequent or recent you've had it.

Well, that's my story with fried plantain aka Dodo. I can have dodo in any and every form for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as dessert and still feel as excited every time because "dodo no dey taya person"

On the list of things to be grateful for in life, dodo must definitely be among. A special prayer should be said often to bless the person(s) who invented the beautiful scene of ripe plantain bubbling in hot oil. Jeez! the meal is so good that I'm yet to meet someone who gets an upset stomach from eating it.

You can enjoy fried plantain alone or you can pair it with anything you desire. Eggs are my favourite accompaniment to fried plantain. Eggs whether as omelette or baked, scrambled or poached, hard boiled or even in a fritata is a great best friend to fried plantain.

I don't do fried plantain when I'm feeling lazy, I respect the meal so much that I want to be alert while preparing it.

I'm grateful for the gift of fried plantain

I'm grateful for the sight of it

I'm grateful for the taste of it's ripe goodness

I'm even more grateful for the satisfaction and joy I feel while eating dodo.

You should be grateful too, dodo doesn't descriminate ;)












Comments