×

Free "Bread"

 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price.

Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance" Isaiah 55:1‭-‬2 NKJV

This passage struck a chord in my soul.

It is indeed possible to spend on what does not satisfy. 

You ask how?

What are you pursuing with your time and resources in the hope of finding fulfilment?

What have you tried to replace the deep rooted hunger for God in your heart with?

Is it the wine of wealth,status and  knowledge or is it the milk of pleasure, beauty and every sort of indulgence that comes to your mind?

Sadly, all these can not sustain your thirst in life. All the wells we drink from doesn't satisfy no matter how exciting they appear.

There is Bread available to us at no cost. This Bread is life and it guarantees delight and total abundance. This Bread is Jesus Christ, any other alternative will leave you worse off.

As we meditate on The Bread, let me share a little something for our human appetite, something that can allow us savour the all satisfying goodness of Jesus Christ :a beautiful bread called focaccia dressed in cherry tomatoes, basil and rosemary leaves. 

It's a simple recipe with easy steps but because of my past failures in bread making, I was scared of cutting my focaccia after baking. The memories of past failures haunted my mind but thank God for "The Bread" who reminded me that "the spirit He has given me is not of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind".

I'm glad to share with you, my first successful bread ever, the crispy yet soft focaccia. I'm certain this success will inspire more bread making in the future.



Comments