×

Alcohol???

 What comes to your mind at the mention of "alcohol"?

We live in a society where a lot is abused and alcohol is not exempted. I also had my views about alcohol and making this cake informed my perspective in a tremendous way.

To keep it brief, I'll say Alcohol is what we make of it. For me in this cake it was an enhancement: chocolate never tasted more chocolatey. The stout intensified every ounce of chocolate that came it's way. It was not there to intoxicate the consumer but to intoxicate the chocolate.

The next time alcohol is labeled bad, please remember my experience and reflect: 

Is alcohol truly the enemy?

What if our usage really decides whether alcohol is good or bad?

PS - I intend to try this recipe again but with malt just to observe how the same chocolate given a non-alcoholic drink will behave.

I'll be back with this story :)

 


Comments

  1. We patiently await your verdict Ma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already shared my perspective, it's your turn to share yours

      Delete

Post a Comment